Thursday, November 19, 2015

Describing Chemical Reactions

Our lesson today revolved around breaking a molecular chemical formula, which uses the double replacement we learned yesterday, into a complete ionic formula, which shows the charges of each ion found in each reactant and product. Finally, that complete ionic formula can be reduced into the net ionic formula, which cancels out all repeated ions. I thought this lesson was pretty simple, no tricks or anything. The lesson used a lot of the solubility rules which are still pretty difficult for me to remember as there are many exceptions to each rule.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/393220611187663524/


Tomorrow is a lab day, and I am super stoked for it. It seems really fascinating and cool, and I cross my fingers that me and my lab partner will get into lab.

On a side note, I got my grade back for the last unit exam, and even though I did not receive a bad score, I'm not 100% happy with it, ya know? I'd wish I'd prepared some more which would've helped (BICARBONATE!!!!!!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment