Monday, September 14, 2015

Final Thoughts About Nomenclature & Frontier Chemistry Project

Overall, this unit was fairly simple to comprehend. It allowed me to understand how scientists name chemicals and how they differ from each other. It was much easier to understand chemical formulas in this class compared to my physical science class. The frontier chemistry project provided real world experience with nomenclature. Identifying chemical constituents found in various medicinal plants gave me an understanding of what chemicals can be found where. Reflecting on the frontier chemistry project, I believe that I could've started working on it much earlier. I regret starting to write information too late, which caused a lot of unnecessary stress. However, the frontier chemistry project was very educational and provided some information on chemical compounds in the wilderness and what their purposes are. I enjoyed taking nature walks and looking at different flower types.


http://www.ipb-halle.de/en/

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I could've started on the project earlier and not had as much stress.I enjoyed the nature walks very much as well!

    ReplyDelete