Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Thoughts on the Measurement Pre-Test

While taking today's pretest on our new unit on Measurement, I found myself being stumped by a majority of the questions. However, some of the questions could be directly answered simply by looking at the periodic table or calculating some simple math on the calculator. I am interested in this unit because from what it seems, much of the unit revolves around math, and for me personally, math is very straightforward and easy to understand. I'm curious to how the concept of moles will tie in with this unit and also what significant figures mean. A large portion of the test involved significant figures, and as I had no clue what they are nor how they work, I just used some basic rounding rules to calculate my answers. I don't think that was the correct way to identify signficant figures, so I am definitely interested in what they are.

http://softpmomarketing.appspot.com/enterprise_project_performance.html


BTW, I am very much looking forward to Mole Day! (food... nice...)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that math is straightforward which leads me to believe that this unit won't be too hard in comparison to calculating half-life and average masses. I too am looking forward to Mole Day; I can't wait to see everyone's moles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiz really confused me about just about everything but the matter questions, but I feel I understand significant numbers a bit better. Also conversions confused me a lot because I haven't done that since freshmen year I think.

    ReplyDelete