Thursday, February 18, 2016

Flame Test Lab

Today in class we had another lab, one which may be my favorite lab we've done all year: the Flame Test Lab. Basically, we placed several different chemical compounds and solutions in the flame of a Bunsen burner to see the various colors each one produced. It was really awesome to see the vivid colors that varied among each metal. The smell was really reminiscent of summer (fireworks, bonfire, you get the picture) when we first walked in due to the Bunsen burners. I enjoyed observing the color changes, and I look forward to hopefully doing more labs like this one!






1 comment:

  1. I agree with as well on the beauty of this lab, the effects of the solutions in the flame were so cool. The colors were so vibrant and bold and this was also my favorite lab.

    ReplyDelete